ASBESTOS DRILLING MUD LEGAL NEWS ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS copied February 14, 2020 from LawyersandSettlements.com
June 20, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Washington, DCAn analysis from the Environmental Working Group (EWG) Action Fund suggests that as many as 15,000 Americans die every year due to asbestos exposure. Workers exposed to asbestos through drilling mud, construction materials and a host of other products are at an increased risk of asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer.
Read [ Study: More Than 10,000 Americans Killed by Asbestos Every Year ]
December 12, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Bonham, TXFor people who worked with asbestos drilling mud or are regularly exposed to asbestos, concerns about mesothelioma and other asbestos-related health problems are an ongoing concern. And while most asbestos-related health problems are experienced by the people who worked with the carcinogen, their loved ones might also suffer serious problems.
Read [ Asbestos Exposure an Ongoing Concern ]
October 13, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Houston, TXIt is no surprise that asbestos, long used as a heat retardant for its excellent insulating properties, would be used on drilling rigs in order to keep drills and other drilling apparatus cool to avoid catastrophic breakdowns and other failures. Amongst the allegations contained in many a drilling mud lawsuit is that mud engineers and other oil rig workers were not made aware of the dangers associated with asbestos, and that employers failed to provide guidance or protective gear to spare their employees certain harm over the long term.
Read [ Major Oil Drilling Enterprise References Drilling Mud Lawsuits in Q2 Report ]
September 19, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Munich, GermanyPeople who worked with asbestos drilling mud and other products that contained asbestos might already be well aware of the potential for serious health problems such as asbestosis and mesothelioma. A new study from England and Wales suggests asbestos exposure might also be linked to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), according to Medscape (9/15/14). Although no relationship between asbestos and pulmonary fibrosis has been proven, researchers suggest their findings could result in new treatment for patients exposed to asbestos.
Read [ Possible Link between Asbestos and IPF ]
August 21, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Houston, TXGiven the amount of concern about the risks of asbestos and products that contain asbestos, such as asbestos drilling mud, some people might assume that asbestos is no longer in use. This, of course, is not the case. And while some products no longer contain asbestos – and workers are meant to be offered protection when they are exposed to items containing asbestos – lawsuits are still being filed alleging workers developed serious, life-threatening complications due to their exposure to drilling mud and other asbestos-containing products.
Read [ Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuit: Workers “Looked Like Snowmen” ]
July 22, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Baton Rouge, LAIt’s been a little over a year since a group of 10 plaintiffs hooked into some drilling mud-slinging with a group of defendants, accusing them of needless exposure to asbestos while working on offshore drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. The ten, claiming to suffer from “asbestos maladies,” filed their drilling mud lawsuit in Louisiana on June 10 of last year.
Read [ Plaintiffs and Defendants Locked in Asbestos Drilling Mud-Slinging ]
June 14, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
New Orleans, LAAsbestos lawsuits often involve construction workers and employees who were exposed to products that were packed with asbestos, but some asbestos lawsuits involve drilling mud. Although drilling mud itself does not sound particularly harmful, according to lawsuits filed by people who worked with the substance, asbestos was used as an additive to drilling mud, putting people who work with the mud, such as mud engineers, at risk of asbestos-related diseases.
Read [ Asbestos Drilling Mud: When the Mud Is Deadly ]
[What about people breathing asbestos blowing the wind from industry intentionally dumping drilling waste in landfills, on farm land, roads and who knows where else?]
Encana’s (now Ovintiv’s) drilling waste dumped on farm land near Rosebud, upper photo in 2012, lower photo in 2011, on the same field. Wanna have some bread?
May 12, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Queensland, AustraliaWhat follows is a good indication that drilling mud, in spite of the knowledge we possess concerning the dangers, can still contain asbestos. It’s also indicative that this is a global problem. That said, there are operators out there who take it very seriously and are prepared to act.
Read [ Australian Driller Takes Asbestos Drilling Mud Very Seriously ]
- When Does Statute of Limitations Run in Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuits? By Heidi Turner (Apr-19-14)
- Drilling Mud Engineers Seek Compensation in Drilling Mud Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Mar-17-14)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Exposure a Concern Decades Later By Heidi Turner (Feb-21-14)
- What You Don’t Know Can’t Hurt You? Tell That to Drilling Mud Victims By Gordon Gibb (Jan-21-14)
- Used Drilling Mud Dumped in California’s Central Valley By Gordon Gibb (Dec-13-13)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Claims: When an Asbestos Lawsuit Is Not a Typical Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-13)
- Offshore Drilling Giant Says “Not Guilty” in Drilling Mud Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-1-13)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud and Effect on Public By Heidi Turner (Sep-12-13)
- Asbestos Mud Drilling Exposes Workers to Serious Health Problems By Heidi Turner (Aug-9-13)
- The Tragedy and Complexity of Asbestos Drilling Mud: A Deferred Death Sentence By Gordon Gibb (Jul-13-13)
- What Lies Beyond Asbestos Drilling Mud? By Gordon Gibb (Jun-26-13)
- What Happens to Asbestos Drilling Mud After the Fact? By Gordon Gibb (May-8-13)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Part of Landfill, Says Trucker By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-13)
- What Role Does Jones Act Play in Drilling Mud Lawsuits? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-1-13)
- Drilling Mud Engineer Remembers Asbestos “Like Being in a Sandstorm” By Jane Mundy (Feb-6-13)
- $322MM Asbestos Lawsuit Verdict Good News for Asbestos Drilling Mud Workers By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-13)
- Drilling Mud: An Instant Millionaire and No Opportunity to Enjoy It By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-12)
- Verdict in Drilling Mud Trial Vacated, But Plaintiff Still Needs Oxygen 24/7 By Gordon Gibb (Aug-27-12)
- Asbestosis and Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuits Differ by State, says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Aug-22-12)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud—Old Timer Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-23-12)
- Drilling Mud Defeat or Mere Fork in the Road? By Gordon Gibb (May-9-12)
- File Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuit Sooner Than Later By Jane Mundy (Apr-12-12)
- The Unraveling of a Drilling Mud Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-12)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuit Like David vs. Goliath By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-12)
- Drilling Mud Spills at Repsol Exploratory Site By Charles Benson (Feb-18-12)
- Double Toxic Whammy: Asbestos Drilling Mud and Asbestos Drywall Exposure By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-12)
- Asbestos Drilling May Have Led to Death of UK Man By Charles Benson (Dec-3-11)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Litigation: “I Want to Get the Ball Rolling” By Jane Mundy (Oct-24-11)
- “It’s Great That Mr. Brown Got a $322 Million Asbestos Drilling Mud Settlement, but Some of Us Still Have Nothing” By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-11)
- Department of Energy Panel Seeks Information on Composition of Drilling Mud By Charles Benson (Aug-19-11)
- “We Never Had Protection against Asbestos Drilling Mud” By Jane Mundy (Jul-21-11)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud by Any Other Name By Gordon Gibb (Jul-10-11)
- Attorney Discusses Asbestos Drilling Mud Claims By Jane Mundy (Jun-26-11)
- Companies in North Dakota Facing Fines over Drilling Mud Chemicals By Charles Benson (Jun-16-11)
- Continued Fallout over Massive Drilling Mud Lawsuit Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Jun-10-11)
- Drilling Mud Chemicals Removed from Arkansas Creek By Charles Benson (May-31-11)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Verdict: Outrageous, Justified or Biased? By Jane Mundy (May-26-11)
- At $322 Million, It’s the Largest Asbestos Award Ever By Gordon Gibb (May-13-11)
- Drilling Mud Chemicals Spill at Pennsylvania Gas Well By Charles Benson (Apr-27-11)
- Q&A with Asbestos Drilling Mud Attorney Ben Stewart By Jane Mundy (Apr-15-11)
- Drilling Mud Engineer Didn’t Live to See His Day in Court By Gordon Gibb (Apr-9-11)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Engineer Considers Himself “Lucky” By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-11)
Refer also to:
Fracking might be as damaging as thalidomide, tobacco and asbestos, UK’s Chief Scientific Adviser warns in new report: “In all these and many other cases, delayed recognition of adverse effects incurred not only serious environmental or health impacts, but massive expense”